Last updated: January 13, 2020
Scope of this Policy.
Information We Collect About You.
To process your application, we ask you to provide personal information. While providing personal information is voluntary, some personal information may be necessary to complete an evaluation of your application; if it is not provided, we may not be able to consider you as a candidate
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of information about you:
- Personal Identifiers: We collect your personal contact details such as name, mailing address, postal code, email address, telephone number, government identification number (such as passport number) and national identification or tax number.
We also collect contact information for the references you provide; it is your responsibility to obtain consent from your references before providing their personal information to the Company.
- Protected Classifications: We may also collect your date of birth, gender, and some information that may be considered protected classifications or “special categories” of sensitive information in certain jurisdictions where permissible by local law, and if you choose to provide it.
- Geolocation Data: We may collect geolocation data about you to the extent that your IP address reveals your general location.
- Professional- or Employment-Related Information: We collect information about your professional- and employment-related background through the recruitment process (including copies of right to work documentation or other information that may be included in your resume, CV, cover letter, or related documents as part of your application to work at the Company). We also collect information that your references may provide to us about your past employment and job performance, as well as additional information from third parties who are lawfully entitled to share your information with us.
- Education Information: We collect information about the educational institutions that you have attended, your level of education, degrees obtained, honors received, and subjects studied. We also collect and maintain information about any professional licenses you hold, certifications you receive, or additional education or training you have undertaken during your professional career. We may also collect information from third parties who are lawfully entitled to share your information with us.
How We Collect Your Personal Information.
We collect personal information about job applicants through the application and recruitment process, including directly from candidates, employment agencies, and references. We may collect additional information from third parties, including former employers, credit reference agencies, screening services, or other sources that provide employment verification services.
How We May Use Your Information.
We will use your personal information only as permitted by law and solely for the following purposes:
- Accepting and evaluating applicant submissions for job postings;
- Identifying potential applicants;
- Reviewing your qualifications and making hiring decisions;
- Conducting a background check, where permitted by and in accordance with applicable law;
- Communicating with you (e.g., providing information regarding potential interview dates and notification of the results of the recruitment process);
- Where you have asked us to do so, contacting you about vacancies at the Company which arise and for which we think you may be suitable. You can stop receiving these emails at any time by logging into your account and changing your email notification settings;
- Keeping records related to our hiring practices for use in future recruitment activities and to ensure compliance with local laws;
- Preparing an applicant's basic information materials for use in recruitment or hiring decisions after a decision to recruit the applicant has been made;
- Complying with legal and regulatory obligations;
- Responding to a warrant, subpoena, or other valid legal process;
- Complying with other legal obligations, including verifying that you are legally permitted to work in the country where you are applying; and
- Resolving disputes and/or as a part of a legal defense, if necessary.
With Whom We May Share Your Information.
Access to your personal information will be restricted to those members of the Company’s staff, hiring managers and designated agents who have a need to know the specific information in question in order to carry out their responsibilities with regard to recruitment or applicable law. We may share some of your personal information for the purpose of undertaking a background check. Such sharing will only take place where background checks are permitted or required under the law. We will share your personal information with service providers or data processors that we engage to process Information on our behalf. Upon request or pursuant to our legal obligations, your personal information may also be disclosed to governmental entities in compliance with applicable laws, such as to those agencies authorized to review and enforce equal opportunity laws. We do not disclose applicants’ personal information to job banks or to other companies without your prior consent.
You may send us an email asking us to access, update, or delete your personal information at HRdataprivacy@activision.com. However, we may still retain some personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and to resolve disputes; in this case, your personal information will not be used for any other purpose.
The Company has implemented a range of physical, administrative, and technical measures designed to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. In addition, we request that service providers who process personal information on our behalf adopt a range of security measures designed to help protect your Information.
All open jobs offered by the Company are subject to specific job skill requirements. The job skill requirements, qualifications and preferred experience are determined by the office offering the position. The Company is an equal opportunity employer, and all hiring decisions are subject to federal, provincial, state, and local employment laws and regulations, including immigration laws pertaining to work authorization requirements and any other applicable government permissions or compliance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, military status, veteran status, age, or any other ground of discrimination prohibited by applicable law.
Notice to Candidates Who Are Residents of California.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents, referred to in the law as “consumers,” with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and sharing of personal information, as well as rights to access and control personal information. Certain information that we collect may be exempt from the CCPA because it is considered public information (because it is made available by a government entity) or covered by another federal privacy law, such as the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, or the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
To the extent that we collect personal information about you that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Notice to Candidates in the European Economic Area (“EEA”):
- Retaining your personal information: We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the hiring process and/or a legitimate business purpose, including for the purpose of evaluating your candidacy, notifying you about job opportunities, and for satisfying any legal or reporting requirements.
Data Protection Rights: Candidates who are residents in the EEA have a number of rights. If you are a Candidate that is a resident of the EEA, you may request to access or delete your Personal Information. In certain circumstances, you can also request that we transfer Personal Information that you have provided to us. As you are giving your consent by submitting your Information in order to process your application and therefore your Personal Information related to this application, you have the right to withdraw such consent to further use of your Personal Information at any time. For each of the rights described above, you can send your request to us at HRdataprivacy@activision.com. We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your Personal Information. However, if you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. You can bring the complaint in your member state of residence, place of work or where an alleged infringement of data protection law occurred.
Transfer of Personal Information to the United States of America.
You acknowledge that your Personal Information will be transferred to and processed in the United States, in a secure way, where many of our central databases operate, or other countries where the Company or its affiliates or vendors maintain facilities or business operations. We use European Commission approved contract clauses to protect your Personal Information. If you have questions, please contact us using the contact details set out in the Contacting Us section below.
Beenox and Other Quebec Openings.